VIRAGE VERT PROGRAM
SUPPORT FOR ACCELERATING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN QUEBEC REGION
Help build a greener future by taking part in the Virage vert program implemented by the Réseau des SADC et CAE with Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions. You’ll get specialized expertise to help you improve your environmental and economic performance and enjoy support for collective sustainable development projects.
Aligned with your priorities
The Réseau des SADC et CAE has been integrating sustainable development principles in its work for over 15 years. The 57 SADCs and 10 CAEs in Quebec understand the growing need for sustainable development coaching targeted at entrepreneurs and regional organizations. Their close ties to entrepreneurs and economic stakeholders position them as key players in initiatives to fight climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This program will provide needed sustainable development support and expertise for small businesses and communities.
Who is this program for?
The objective of this program is to tangibly support the greening of Quebec’s regional ecosystem by…
• Coaching regional businesses and organizations through sustainable local economic development projects in the following areas:
– Industrial symbiosis and circular economy
– Carbon neutrality and carbon credits
– Renewable energy sources and energy independence
– Awareness, outreach and training on sustainable development challenges and opportunities
• Supporting regional businesses and organizations in need of specialized expertise to improve their environmental and economic performance:
– Optimizing waste management and processes
– Optimizing energy consumption and energy efficiency
– Optimizing shipping procedures
– Sustainable sourcing
– Carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emission reduction
– Sustainable business models
– Green design, etc.
Contribute to a sustainable recovery and continue the transition to greener solutions for the future of our economies.
Sustainable local development projects strengthen and diversify our economy, making it more resilient in the face of current and future changes and disruptions.
Improving businesses’ environmental and economic performance helps them:
– Become more competitive while reducing their environmental footprint
– Enhance their corporate image
– Motivate current staff and attract and retain employees
– Contribute to the fight against climate change
– And more